The following information and resources are designed to support a culture of moderated school-based assessment across the early, middle and senior years of learning.
- Student (P–12) assessment program overview
- Senior assessment reports
These state review panel & random sampling reports are available in the Senior moderation hub.
- Designing effective assessment instruments for Authority and Authority-registered subjects (PDF, 590 kB)
- Introducing the Queensland system of externally moderated school-based assessment in Years 11–12 (PPT, 5802 kB)
- School-based assessment: The Queensland system (PDF, 806 kB)
Describes the philosophy and evolution of school-based assessment in Queensland and argues for its continuation in an Australian curriculum.
- Designing good assessment
Relevant to all teachers, this short presentation outlines principles for designing good assessment. The resource addresses the key question – is the assessment valid, clear and fair?
Designing good assessment (AV)
- Moderation — a way of working
Relevant to teachers across Years 1–10 as it models quality moderation processes using standards, evidence and Queensland Comparable Assessment Tasks (QCATs).
Moderation — a way of working ( AV )
- School-based assessment and moderation in Years 11–12: The Queensland experience
A step-by-step guide to externally moderated school-based assessment. This resource will be helpful to new teachers and moderation panellists and informative for students and parents/carers.
School-based assessment and moderation in Years 11-12: The Queensland experience (AV)
- Quality assuring school-based assessment in Years 11-12: Moderation and reviewing
This resource will be helpful to new panellists and all moderation panellists and informative to teachers about the reviewing process in externally moderated school-based assessment.
Quality assuring school-based assessment in Years 11-12: Moderation and reviewing (AV)