Australian Curriculum in Queensland (ACiQ)
The Australian Curriculum: Mathematics is endorsed. The Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority has developed advice, guidelines and resources incorporating the Australian Curriculum.
The Year 3 Mathematics: Australian Curriculum in Queensland brings together the learning area advice and guidelines for curriculum planning, assessment and reporting in a single document.
The Australian Curriculum content and achievement standards are the mandatory aspects of the Australian Curriculum.
|Year 3 Mathematics: ACiQ highlights||Where to find it|
|Advice about planning teaching and learning programs||Section 1 and 2|
Advice about designing assessment programs, making judgments and reporting
|Section 3 and 4|
Time allocation (excerpt)
Minimum hours for teaching, learning and assessment for the Australian Curriculum Year 3 Mathematics are:
Frequently used resources
These resources assist teachers to plan, teach and assess using the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics.
- Year 3 Mathematics standard elaborations (DOCX, 167 kB) (PDF, 80 kB)
- Continua template: Mathematics (DOT, 203 kB)
- Matrix template: Mathematics (DOT, 387 kB)
- Year 3 sample assessment: Exploring 3D objects, angles and symmetry
Students are surrounded by 3D objects, angles and symmetry from an early age. Developing understanding of these concepts allows students to work mathematically. This assessment provides an opportunity for teachers to gather evidence of students’ developing understanding of these concepts.
- Year 3 plan: Mathematics exemplar (DOCX, 239 kB)
- Year 3 unit overview: Mathematics exemplar (DOCX, 368 kB)
- Prep to Year 10 year level plan: Mathematics template (DOT, 296 kB)
- Prep to Year 10 unit overview: Mathematics template (DOT, 416 kB)
Multiple year planning
- Prep to Year 7 year plan for multiple year levels: Mathematics exemplar (DOCX, 329 kB)
- Prep to Year 7 unit overview: Mathematics exemplar (DOCX, 401 kB)
- Year plan for multiple year levels: Mathematics template (DOT, 669 kB)
- Unit overview for multiple year levels: Mathematics template (DOT, 483 kB)
Scope and sequence
Last updated: 14 April 2015