The QCAA provides certified copies of certificates and other educational results it holds. To protect people's privacy, copies can only be provided to the person named on the certificate.
Who to contact
|Junior/Year 10 Certificates||1960 - 1995|
|Senior/Year 12 Certificates||1973 -|
|Scholarship results||1936 - 1962|
|Private-entry QCS Test||1992-|
The table below lists other organisations to contact to obtain replacement copies of certificates not held by the QCAA.
|Junior/Year 10 Certificates||Academic Records, University of Queensland,|
|Senior/Year 12 Certificates||Academic Records, University of Queensland,|
|Scholarship results||Queensland State Archives, (07) 3131 7777 and quote A/16128 to A/16148|
|Report cards and school references||School attended|
|VET Certificates and Statements of Attainment||Issuing RTO or the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) if issuing RTO is no longer operating|
How to apply to the QCAA
- Supply proof of identity. A certified copy of one of the following is accepted:
- valid passport
- driver licence or learner licence
- Adult Proof of Age Card
- birth certificate or extract of a birth certificate.
- If your family name has changed since your certificate was issued, you will need to supply additional information as proof of your identity, e.g. a marriage certificate or name change certificate.
Documents must be current, and copies must be certified by a Justice of the Peace or a Commissioner for Declarations. (See Finding a JP on the Department of Justice and Attorney-General website).
- Complete the following application form and post it along with your proof of identity and payment to the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority, PO Box 307, Spring Hill, Qld 4004.
- Costs are $28.80 for each copy. Payment can be made by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), cheque or money order (made out to the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority). Payment must be in Australian dollars.
Do not send either original documents or cash through the post. The QCAA may charge to return original documents to you.
- Postage charges will apply to the following services and these charges are subject to change by Australia Post:
- Domestic Express Post $6.95
- International standard (Airmail) $7.50
- International Express Post $22.95
How long will it take to process my request?
Certificates will be available for posting or collecting within 7 working days following receipt of your correctly completed application.
Last updated: 24 December 2014