Who should attend
- Teachers of Years 3, 5, 7 and 9
- HOCs and HODs and Curriculum leaders
- Principals and Deputy principals
This workshop will provide:
- key messages from National Assessment Program — Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) Language conventions and Spelling tests
- key issues related to Language conventions (Grammar and Punctuation) and Spelling tests
- strategies to address the key issues.
Participants have the opportunity to:
- develop an understanding of the use of NAPLAN data
- develop knowledge and understanding of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- discuss and share resources and strategies to develop student understandings in grammar, punctuation and spelling
- network in professional teams to develop and sustain collegial relationships and professional networks.
This workshop has relevance to elements of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: two, three, five, six and seven.
$136.50 (GST inc.) per participant
Dates and venues
|No events are currently scheduled.|
|9 am||Session 1
|10:30 am||Morning tea|
|11 am||Session 2
|1:15 pm||Session 3
Register as early as possible because workshops may be cancelled or combined if insufficient registrations are received. Please check that you have received confirmation of your registration via email from QCAA. Contact email@example.com if you do not receive a confirmation email. Only registered participants may attend this workshop.
Fees will be refunded for cancellations made at least 48 hours before the workshop. Substitute participants may attend after confirmation from the Professional Development and Events team.
Contact the Professional Development and Events team.
Phone: (07) 3864 0471 or (07) 3864 0220.
Last reviewed: 1 July 2014